Intensedebate Problem: Exporting back to Blogger

Posted by Boffill Friday, December 21, 2012

Intensedebate has been my blog’s primary commenting system since last year. I installed it because I envied a lot the Wordpress commenting system. Also, Blogger’s commenting system is not that user friendly. I was really happy with the result of installing Intensedebate on my blog not until I realize that some of its functions were not working. Commenting using Intensedebate is easy but sometimes, ID doesn’t show up in some of my posts. I don’t know exactly why but that’s what’s happening in some of my blog post. Right now, I have been researching some articles on reverting back to the original commenting system of Blogger without losing the comments my readers have left using Intensedebate. 

I haven’t found any help online not even from the FAQ of ID. I tried to export from ID and downloaded the XML file and when I checked on it, it’s not a very big help not even a bit of a help. Right now I am going crazy about this issue on my blog because I really wanted to remove it ASAP. I tried to contact the support team of ID and here’s what they told me, “Thanks for the feedback. This is on our roadmap, although I don't have a specific date for when this will be available. At the moment there are some technical limitations that prevent us from doing this but it's something that we hope to offer.” I don’t know what it means about their roadmap since I haven’t seen any updates from them since the day I installed it in my blog. On their FAQ, they also said that they don’t have a specific date for when will be exporting from Intensedebate to Blogger will become available for their registrants. That FAQ was posted last 2009 and it is 2012 now. 3 years of working on that matter and still no update. I’m creating this post as a registrant of Intensedebate and I’m telling the world how satisfied I am about their service.

 I think Disqus is better because it’s easy to install and it has a mobile version. So your readers can also post a comment on mobile phone. So if only I have an option to export all my reader’s comments to Disqus, I am definitely gonna do that as soon as possible. I have tried to uninstall ID on my blog but it damaged my blog’s template so I’ll have to stay with their codes. Maybe next time if the exporting to blogger option will be available, I will uninstall their scripts on my template and try to fix some of the damages.

So to those Blogger users who are planning to shift from the original Blogger commenting system to Intensedebate, I suppose you better think about it first and try to have some research about Intensedebate. That’s all for today because Mayan Calendar is ending. Hehe.

0 comments :

Post a Comment