MyPhone Rio Dual Sim Unboxing and First Impression

Posted by Boffill Saturday, July 12, 2014

A colleague of mine bought her first ever budget Smartphone because her old Nokia C3 Phone doesn’t seem to work fine anymore. We both researched online on what could be the best choice and she decided to buy the MyPhone Rio. I am never really a fan of MyPhone because maybe of the stereotypes regarding local brands. Then came the phone she bought online. She brought it to me because she thought I was an expert (Haha!). While checking the phone, I was actually impressed by its bright orange color. I think it has other color variants like the yellow, blue and black. It really is colourful from the cover up to the themes provided by MyPhone. I wish I could port its colourful widgets to my Sony Xperia Z but I think that’s not possible. 1.3GHz Quad-core powered Budget Smartphone with 5” HD IPS Display, I like it. But with a resolution like that, I sometimes feel like the phone is lag. With regard to its camera, I’d rate it from 5 out of 10. It has an 8MP rear camera with AutoFocus and a 2MP at the front. I owned a Nokia N82 before and it has an 8MP camera on it and I think Rio’s camera is far from my old phone. Well, it is still a good deal for a 5k worth of Smartphone though. Maybe I just didn’t have enough time to play with the camera because the owner was really excited with her new phone. I'll get back to her phone to root it and maybe install some helpful applications. Oh, and I forgot that it’s a dual SIM phone with dual standby feature and is packed with Android Jellybean. Well anyway, I would still recommend it to those who are in tight budget but wants a Quad Core and a big resolution phone. MyPhone actually changed my impression regarding local brands and I’m starting to like it now. This phone can actually compete to its rivals on its bracket.