Philippine Prudential, Scam or Not?

Posted by Boffill Saturday, December 12, 2015

Philippine Prudential as we all know is a life insurance company that are known to be a scam to some people. But for me, I would definitely say they’re not. I first heard about them when their agents went to our training school and offered their life insurances. The agents were very convincing so I thought of getting one for my father. The deal is when your insured family member is beyond 65, your automatic payroll deduction will be stopped by them and the insurance policy will become null and void. My father, who was 60 years old died last February 2015. I actually forgot everything about Philippine Prudential until I checked one of my payslips and noticed that I am still being deducted by them. So I called their office and checked if what can be done to be able to claim my benefits. I was instructed to get a copy of their form from their website so I downloaded and filled it up. It took me almost a month to finish everything because there’s a form that needs to be filled up by the last attending physician of my father. So, everything went fine and I sent them the filled up forms last July. I was advised to wait for 60 days for the releasing of the check. After several calls and texts to one of their agents, they sent me the money through bank deposit but that was almost after 5 months from July. Although it took them a while to send me the benefits, I am still happy that these people can really be trusted though I really had a doubt about them before.

This are the screenshots I took while checking my LandBank Account via Mobile


I read about different blog posts over the Internet about Philippine Prudential and some people are really frustrated. Everybody has different stories like they were invited to the Company’s Store and others were visited by an agent while others are being called over the phone, but one thing is for sure, these people are not scammer. They are actually being listed by the Philippine Insurance Commission as one of the Licensed Insurance Company that can operate in the Philippines.