No more update for Garmin Mobile XT

Posted by Boffill Tuesday, January 15, 2013
A few days back, I sent an email to Garmin's customer service and asked if there's an upcoming update for the Garmin Mobile XT. I was told by the agent that the Garmin Mobile XT support has been stopped. It has been removed from their main line of products.

Garmin Mobile XT


I have been an avid fan of the software since I discovered it way back 2008. Everytime I buy a new phone, the first application I install is Garmin Mobile XT. I always make sure that it works fine in my phone. Too bad now that I'm not gonna get any update from the software anymore. Garmin has been my number 1 choice when it comes to navigation software. It didn't failed me even for once. The reason why I don't like android mobile phones is because I can't install Garmin on it. Yes there are navigational applications available for android mobile phones like the Navdroyd but when I tried it on an android phone, it didn't gave me the user experience I had with Garmin. Even Nokia Maps is way too far from Garmin. I think the reason why they have remove Garmin from the list is because the Symbian platform is dying. Too bad that I can't get any update from them anymore. Well, on the other hand, the map for Garmin is still being updated regularly by some helpful people. I think a separate file for the map would be fine as long as it is being updated regularly.