Shameful Performance

Posted by Boffill Wednesday, March 5, 2008
This morning I was listening to the MP3s saved on my phone and reminiscing the memories from the past. There's this song by Luniz that recalled my worst performance on stage. Well, I just want to share it to you all. It all started when a girl friend told me and my buddy that we will be going to rap on stage the next day. We were shock about what she told us to the fact that we're not prepared and the said event will be held the next day. So what we did was we immediately find a song that we can rap on stage. He has this song where he already memorized every word on the 2nd verse and 3rd verse. Meaning, he will not have a problem spitting the lyrics anymore. The problem now is on me, because we don't have the copy of the lyrics. The only remedy that we thought was to listen to the song and write it word by word. I am done, now time to practice and memorize the 1st verse. After the practice we thought that everything will be alright.

The next day, the judgment day, me and my girlfriend (ex-girlfriend) has a misunderstanding. We quarreled until the moment is coming. My girlfriend that time was assigned to sing the chorus. We were sitting on the chair at the side of the stage waiting for our group to be called. After a few minutes, we heard the emcee's voice calling us and introduces us to the audience. I was shocked to death that I feel like I can't do it anymore because of what had happened to me and my girlfriend. But there's nothing I can do, I just saw myself standing on stage in front of the audience applauding at us. I hear the beat playing and there it is, i'm going to perform the 1st verse but it's as if the beat has a very long introduction. I'm still standing there, shocked, speechless and ashamed of what happened. I can't spit any lyrics, my mouth won't open. Maybe because of the conflict between me and my girlfriend or maybe we do lack in practice. I messed up but I was saved by my buddy and I thank him for that. He continued rapping until it was finished then hurriedly got out of the stage and went home and get our car to take my buddy and girlfriend home and also to escape that shameful night.

A few days later, me and my buddy talked a bout what happened and simply laughed at it. I consider that performance as the worst performance of my life on stage. And the truth is, I learned a lot of lessons from that shameful experience!

0 comments :

Post a Comment