How to Save Battery of Mobile Phone

Posted by Boffill Thursday, January 3, 2013

Battery life has been the most common issues when it comes to Smartphones whether it runs with Android, iOS, Symbian or Windows. You know it’s irritating when our battery runs out after 5 hours of use and worse is you are away from home to charge your phone. When I was still using my old Nokia N82, I always bring with me an extra battery anywhere I go. Chargers are not too handy to carry so I prefer an extra battery on my pocket. I’ll be giving you guys some tips on how to save the battery of your favorite gadget so you can make use the best out of it.


Turn off GPS, Bluetooth, WIFI – These three features of our Smartphone are the monster of them all. It drains our battery too fast so it’d be better for you to turn them off when not in use.

Use 2G instead of 3G network – If you’re not using mobile internet or video call, better use 2G network instead of 3G. 3G has high consumption than 2G.

Adjust screen brightness – If you’re eyes are bright enough to read your text messages, adjust the screen brightness of your gadget to lower level

Turn off widgets – I know most of us like widgets but there are some nuisance widgets that are installed in our Smartphone that we sometimes ignore. Widgets runs in the background even if you’re phone are in lock mode and sometimes use an Internet connection which will surely drain your battery faster.

Other options that you have to turn off to save battery are vibration, notification tone and key tone



I hope these simple tips can help you optimize your battery consumption. If you have suggestions, please post a comment below so I could include it in my post.