Google Play Services 5.0.81 update, a Battery Fix for Xperia?

Posted by Boffill Saturday, June 28, 2014


Last night, somebody online gave a link to an updated version of the Google Play Services and says it could be the fix to the battery problem for Xperia Z. In just a matter of week, two software updates became available for the Sony Xperia Z users and I am very much hoping that this can fix the bugs I have been experiencing after the Kitkat update. Sony recognized this issue and said that it is Google Play Services that drains the battery fast. They suggested downgrading the Google Play Services to the previous version to fix the problem. When somebody provided a link to the update, I didn’t actually download it because I wanted wait for the feedback of other users who are willing to install this update. For now, I am quite impressed on my battery’s performance since it can last for more than a day sometimes depending on my use. Well, if you’re interested to download the Google Play Services update, you can go ahead and check the link below and try it out yourself.