Alcatel OneTouch Inspire 2 from Smart Wireless Center

Posted by Boffill Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Yesterday, I was able to retain my account from Smart Postpaid and I was offered a free phone. My choices are Lenovo A690, Samsung Galaxy Y, LG L3 and the Alcatel OneTouch Inspire 2. I checked every phone from their physical appearance and specifications and I think I’m having a huge crush with the Alcatel OneTouch Inspire 2. It has 5.0 Megapixel camera at the back and a VGA at the front. It runs with Jellybean (Android 4.1) in 512MB RAM. Well, it doesn’t really have enough RAM but I think it’s still good. 

So I told the customer representative that I like the Alcatel phone and so she issued me one. I was on my way back home when I fully tried the phone myself. It was on my way home when I discovered something bad about the phone, its touch screen doesn’t work that well. When you press an icon, you’re gonna have to long press it until you open the app. When you text, it will take you a minute to type just the first few letters of the word and it’s really frustrating. It was nice holding the phone but with its screen, I’m very frustrated. I think I’m gonna bring it back to Smart Wireless Center and see if they can do something about it. I just hope I could change the unit maybe to Lenovo A690. I’ll keep you guys posted for the update regarding the issue. Cheers!


Update 06/14/2013: I went back to Smart Wireless Center last week on Wednesday June 5 and brought with me the phone they gave me. I went directly to the teller and told her about my issue (same teller as before). She just told me that the phone doesn't have a problem and its just the way it is which I disagreed about because how are you gonna use a phone with long press buttons on it specially during emergency. I asked her to just change the unit to the Lenovo A690 but she refused and told me to just change the unit with the same brand and model. The first item she showed me has the same problem with my old one. The third one, she told me to check on it and I was happy because long press button are now absent on this particular phone. So I told her that I'll get the third unit and she agreed. Now I know I'm not wrong when I told them about the phone's problem. Thanks Smart for letting me change my phone.