Acer Aspire V5 Review

Posted by Boffill Sunday, February 17, 2013
A laptop has been an essential tool for every blogger around the world. I don’t consider myself a pro-blogger but since blogging is one of my past times, I have decided to purchase a new laptop. I have been using an old laptop for blogging, the HP Compaq Presario but I’m getting a lot of issues on its LCD. There are lines popping out at the top and at the bottom of the screen. Instead of having it fixed from a technician, I decided to just purchase a new notebook, an Acer Aspire V5. The V5 has been released on the third quarter of 2012.
Acer Aspire V5
Acer Aspire V5 Box

There are 3 different model types I believe and it is being distinguished thru its processor. The one that I bought is the Acer Aspire V5 with Dual Core 3rd Generation processor. I actually wanted the i3 powered processor but they don’t have the supply for the unit yet. 
Acer Aspire V5 Specs
Acer Aspire V5 Specs

The V5 has 4GB memory and 500GB Hard Drive. It has two 2.0 USB port and one 3.0 port which amazes me so much. I was transferring movies from my colleague’s external hard drive through the 3.0 port and the transfer rate is very impressive. The V5 has Bluetooth and WIFI connectivity. All of the V5 units are preloaded with Windows 8 Operating System. The reason why I wanted the higher processor is because of the speed when processing data and also, it has a dedicated number keypad and keyboard backlight. You’re not gonna get those when you purchase the Dual Core version which disappoints me so much. But still I like the V5 because it’s too light to carry. 
Acer Aspire V5 Unboxing
Acer Aspire V5 Unboxing
You know, you can’t enjoy the Windows 8 if you’re notebook doesn’t have touch screen and good thing was that V5 has a touch screen feature. It has a 10-point touch screen feature and you can do it also thru the touch pad. Traditional transferring of window to window is thru Alt+Tab but with the V5; you can do it thru the touch pad easily. You just have to swipe the touch pad from the left panel. All in all, I’m very satisfied with the unit. For now, I'm not getting any issues or bugs on the product but I'll keep you posted if I caught one. Cheers!