Comparing Symbian Phone to Windows Mobile

Posted by Boffill Sunday, May 15, 2011
Shifting from Symbian to Windows Mobile for me is a bit hard. Last February, I bought a new phone, the Samsung B7300 Omnialite and was happy about it during the first few days. It was my first time owning a Windows Mobile phone and I’m on the process of familiarizing it. What I like about the phone is that it has similar features with my old N82 (Rest in Peace) but the problem is I don’t have lots of choices when it comes to applications. Compared to Symbian mobile phones, you can easily find an application that suits your needs. Well, important features for me are GPS applications, Wifi applications, Dictionaries, Photo enhancers, SMS managers and Music players. I got Garmin Mobile XT installed in my Samsung B7300 Omnialite and Dictionaries too and that made me feel satisfied about it. The only problem that I have with my Samsung Omnialite is that I can’t find a very nice application for my SMS’s and a Music Player too. I have choices online like the S2P (Slide2Play), an iPhone like music player but the problem is when you use it to play music for a few minutes, the sound of the phone will disappear and it will be busted. I can’t get to play sound anymore on my phone and that sucks. Good thing it restored its vocal chords after a few restarts. Also, the phone’s headset input is a mini-USB compared to my old N82 that has a standard 3.5mm jack. With the 3.5mm jack, you can use high end headsets and also use your phone as a home theater. So now, I’m planning of selling this new phone and will shift back to Nokia Symbian phone probably an N8. That’s gonna take time but I will surely buy that phone a few months from now.